Mead; noun. An alcoholic drink made of fermented honey and water.
After 6 years and over 40 flavours of mead, we have almost got this fermenting business down to a science. Yet, we are still always learning something new. Our main goal is to create meads that you can’t find anywhere else. From small, one off batches to outrageous flavours. You will never see a copycat mead from us.
Tamarack Jacks Honey and Meadery has won multiple awards for our meads, from Canadian competitions to municipal. We have put them together for you in our “Award Winners” Collection.
Meet the Brewmaster
Hey ya’ll, my name is Katie and let me tell you, my life is sweet as honey. That’s not a figure of speech, honey is my jam! It’s delicious, it’s nutritious, it’s the bees knees. Speaking of bees, let me tell you about how I stumbled upon my destiny.
One day I was minding my own business when I met the love of my life, who just happened to be a beekeeper. Talk about fate. It was like the stars aligned and the universe whispered “Katie, that’s your guy”! But, as luck would have it, I’m allergic to bees. I know right? What are the odds, but hey, I’m not one to let an allergic reaction get in the way of love.
So, I decided to leave the beekeeping to my beau and focus on turning their sweet nectar into something even sweeter. Since day one I’ve been focused on learning everything there is to know. Of course there were hiccups along the way. Some might call them mistakes but I prefer to think of them as valuable learning experiences. Trial and error baby!
But I didn’t do it alone. I’ve got a kick ass team that I am lucky enough to call family. After all, teams are what make things come together!
Meads We’ve Made
Since August 2017, Tamarack Jacks Honey and Meadery has been buzzing with creativity, crafting over 40 deliciously, unique meads! Our small-batch, artisanal approach means each sip is a sweet surprise, with seasonal flavours that may not stick around for long. Here is our history of mead magic!
1. Buzzsaw Traditional 2017
2. Sawyer Hopped 2017
3. Sougan Hot Mulled 2017
4. Swingdingle Lemon 2018
5. Swamp Water Iced Tea 2018
6. Jack’s Axe Pumpkin Spice 2018
7. Klooch Strawberry 2019
8. Tillicum Sour Cherry 2019
9. Brush Monkey Raspberry/Blackberry 2019
10. Timberbeast Beet 2019
11. 1607 Traditional 2019
12. Rough Cut Apple Rhubarb 2019
13. Sugar Bush Maple Cran 2019
14. Katydid Black Currant Pear 2019
15. Quinine Jimmy Pomegranate 2020
16. Mackinaw & Malone Hazelnut Fig 2020
17. Mead-a-Colada Coconut Pineapple 2020
18. A Jasmine Osmanthus 2020
19. Loggers Physic Orange Cran 2020
20. Blackjack Coffee Mead 2021
21. Gandy Dancer Grapefruit Hopped 2021
22. Surveyor Earl Grey Mead 2021
23. Lumberjack Snack Strawberry Licorice 2021
24. Great West Haskap Lavender 2021
25. Lemon Ginger 2021
26. Sky West & Crooked Lemon Lavender 2021
27. Bog & Crown Cran Spruce 2021
28. Fharrigan Mandarin Cacao 2021
29. Shanty Queen Elderberry Hibiscus 2021
30. Hoosier Ginger Cardamom 2021
31. Hell on the Hillside Jalapeño Cucumber Mint Hops 2021
32. Jerk Water Espresso 2022
33. Ironduke Vanilla Bochet 2022
34. Meadmosa Orange 2022
35. Blue Ox Ginger Lime Butterfly Peaflower
36. Gin Pole Botanical 2022
37. Section 37 Braggot Collab
38. Gypsy Jam Mead Collab
39. Round 40 Mead Collab
40. Mulligan Braggot Collab
41. High Rigger Braggot Collab
42. Raspberry Equinox Braggot Collab
43. Pie in the Sky Mead Collab
44. Crabbie Jacks Honey Rye Collab
A collection of our favorite items made right here on our family meadery.